Pages

Thursday, November 22, 2012

On Blogger, The Grass Is Greener

Sorry for not posting yesterday, life gave me a booty called and I had to get screwed. That's my excuse. I dropped from exhaustion and slept to give thanks for my bed yesterday, which was about the only thought I emitted. No dreams. Just bliss. I love my pillow.

Anyway, I'm back now and have a 96 to share with you all the updates on my story and hopefully write a lot more of it. I have all the free time in the world! Muahahaa! At least, that's what it feels like. I'm conditioned even worse than I already know, I'm doing MCI's and writing this and exercising and getting my haircut and making sure my uniforms look good for next week and all of that is happening on my "free time." I have no free time. There is no free time. Henry David Thoreau once said that you can't kill time without injuring eternity, and I took that very much to heart. I don't kill time. I teach it, manage it, throw it around, spin in at my whimsy and look it straight in the eye and say: No. I will not bow to your rules. I will be the master here, you will like it, there is no buts, no excuses, and no arguments. At least I tried to, but it just kept marching. I think my point was made, though.
So what I'm up to: I went to the USO today, and I have a volunteer event at the beach signed up for and ready to go. I'm helping to clean it, I feel as if it might help public image of the Marine Corps.
I'm finally getting down to this book. It took a whole new turn on me today, I have no idea where the plot twist came from but I'm going with it, hopefully I can think myself out of it and moved my main character onto bigger things, more important things. I don't know why, but I haven't even introduced his family to the story yet. I'm thinking about a brother... and a pet, but I don't know what the pet will be. Dogs are cliche. New breeds are too weird to bring into the story without first introducing the concept. Maybe there will just be a communal pet that everyone takes care of... I like that idea.

For the record, I'm slightly insane. I want to point that out before you read any more. Only slightly, it's enough to make people think that I'm mysterious and have this whole other side to me, but just to little to go out of control and start killing people randomly. Not that I haven't considered it, I know how to pretty much get away with anything now, but I won't do that. Terrorist regimes are to hard to set up for a shorter life span and cheap thrills. I'm looking to better the entire human condition, and I can't do that from in prison. Well, I can do that from within prison, but I won't be taken as seriously and I probably won't be introduced at scientific seminars in quite the same manner.
"So right in the middle of the shower, I dropped the soap. That's when I really started thinking about studying the effects of gravity, from there, physics, well, long story short Soap led to Science and here I am today."

That's the dream, anyway. Be a world-famous, quite humble scientist that looks completely ripped, work at a thinking institution and be generally the best person I can be. I owe that to myself, and my parents. Everyone else doesn't get free crap, but I love enough of you to give a pass on the rest for now. Future content will be remarked on with great admiration, though, so be warned...
Anywho, I was humbled today. I took a semblance of the Wonderlic test. That's the test that NFL players have to take before they can be considered for picking, anyway, it kicked my little but.

Apparently a 20 was about the average IQ (about 100) and I got a 6. That's barely passing. Harvard graduates get 48's and 50's. There are some pretty intellectual Football players out there, let me tell you. I'm just not one of them right now. I've been away from the college scene for a while, actually, and let most of the skills it asked for go to waste. I need to get back on Khanacademy. So there's a tip for you: if you ever start thinking that too many professional football players are overpaid, there's at least a couple of them who can beat your ass while quoting today's stock exchange rate. And they went to Harvard, too, so they were rich before they joined the ranks of football professionals.
That's it for today, unless you want to come to my room and chat up until midnight. Which I'm fine with, just make sure you smell nice. People keep on stumbling in here drunk off their minds, and they smell horrible.
I detest alcohol. As a vice, it's probably only second to smoking on the list of vices that are way to expensive as they kill you.

Finis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who you are.
What you are.
What you want to say.

A nice signature.
The entire book of Deuteronomy in triplicate.

wearyroad's shared items