Pages

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Inspired by an Intrusive Thought.

http://popstrip.com/real

     I can't be the only one who believes that there are certain points in life when people, innocent people, are lying down somewhere or innocently doing things innocent people do, and get hit by a metaphoric ton of inspiration that tells them something they weren't previously ready to face about the world. This Intrusive Thought inspires these people to become scientists and explorers, working men, idealists, and people of grandeur. It isn't that we were necessarily different then the people around us, but that we happened to be in the right environment at the right time in the right circumstances to view the world differently than what it could be, and every since that moment, the paradigm we saw stuck in our heads like a dart on a dart board, sharply poking our gray matter in it's contented arse. There is another way to look at it.
     It is because of this intrusively inspirational perspective that we become driven to excell, we see everyone else going on with their lives as if no other way is possible, sheep, lemmings, voters, and believe that if we become better than they are, they will pay attention to us. They will believe us, and they, too, will change.
     I went through a brief stage of my life when I wanted to be a preacher, strange as it sounds, I personally felt like I was being called by God to the ministry. I could work a crowd into a frenzy about Jesus, I could be the energetic fun loving yet philosophical pastor and I could whip a story that would make your heart shatter and lift your soul higher than, well, heaven. I was a good Christian boy, into apologetics and it was at a youth retreat concert when it happened. They asked if anyone felt they were being called by God into the ministry to hang back afterwards for a counseling. For those of you hoping that this will end in a little boy vs Catholic priest story, shame. I was in my teens and there were about thirty of us "chosen" who stayed behind. I can describe my exact feelings:
I was impressed at myself for staying behind, for letting my friends know that I felt chosen to be a preacher.
I was slightly apprehensive that they were going to call me out on it and make me take a test, asking: "What does the voice of God sound like? How do you KNOW he was talking to you, I mean really?"
I was in awe that at the concert, there were so many people that felt like they were being called to the preaching profession and really surprised at the balls of all of them, and the energy that filled the room. Thinking back, that energy might have been all of the mountain dew and free cookies.
     We all gathered around these two ministers and they prayed over us and told us that God had chosen us for a higher calling, call your families and let them know, and choose a mentor. Then they prayed again and let us go back to our cabins.
     Let me just say that at the time, it felt right. It didn't feel normal, in fact, because there were near 1000 people there, being one of the 30 people called felt downright revolutionary. I wanted to be able to change people's lives from a pulpit. Little did I realize that the pulpit could be anywhere, so long as the voice was heard and the channel could be opened to as many people as possible.
     The saddest thing, I think, is the dilution of a message for anybody to be able to understand it, and that often times, the scientist comes last because if you let the idiots come last, they'll wander off somewhere, not pay attention when it comes there time, and there goes at least 90 percent of your viewership. (That's not an arbitrary number, only 10 percent of people ever do things in this world, and the top 10 percent of them get recognized.) The idiots have to be addressed first, that way you can get everyone involved. Everyone can do something, even the dumb deaf mute blind bastard child of Ephialtes has something to contribute, and if you don't think they do then you have some severe lessons to learn from Leonidas of Sparta and the modern economic policies of India.
     There's always something to do, always a new corner to turn in the History pages. There's a way forward, there's an idea out there that you can grab onto, latch yourself into and get inspired by. Take a good hard look at the world. If you don't see something wrong, something that can be improved, something that everyone needs to know, something that you personally can do to make a difference, you aren't looking hard enough. Even God has evolved over time. Religions have changed since old days, bettered themselves in an effort to clean up their act, not that they ever can be pure, there's too much red in the books of religion if you ask me. Religion is dying, diseased and it's tumor in modern thought and society will be cut out before the century is over. People will still be spiritual, religious, even, but modern religion will disappear into the gutter. yourlogicalfallacyis.com/
     I hope I've been entertaining.
Finis.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who you are.
What you are.
What you want to say.

A nice signature.
The entire book of Deuteronomy in triplicate.

wearyroad's shared items