Pages

Friday, April 04, 2008

Getting older... with Firefox.

Hey, I've gone absolutely mad with the add-ons I've put on my Firefox 2.0.0.14(I was putting it all on FF 3.0b5, but practically none of the really good ones work on it, so... back to plan 2.)

Thus far the list for the best Firefox addons includes:

  1. Adblock Plus
  2. All in one sidebar(Aios, this is simply put the best extension aside from cooliris previews.)
  3. Better Search.(for anyone using FF 3.0b5, google preview works about half as well. Not really, but it's the closest thing you've got.)
  4. Cooliris Previews. You have no idea how much time it saves you until you have used it. It is a lifesaver.
  5. Clipmarks. (or, google notebook. Must go to Google itself and see what add-ons they have for Firefox at http://www.google.com/firefox.
  6. Download Status Bar
  7. Google toolbar (must have, but only works well if you have a google account, which I STRONGLY recommend. With a Google account, you have access to more power online than any other account by any other service that I know of, with the possible exception of Mac, but since I have a pc, I can't vouch for it. I like Macs, and want one to learn real programming, but so far I only have about $50 saved for it.)
  8. Linkwad(again, if it ONLY worked!)
  9. Speed Dial/(absolutely ridiculously necessary)
  10. Stumble upon(gotta love those ratings)
  11. Tab Mix Plus (with session save disabled because of linkwad and taboo.) (also, for FF 3.ob5 users, the closest I can come to this INCREDIBLE extensions features are Tab clicking options, Linkwad and Tabs open relative combined, but it STILL doesn't give you as much versatility. It is simply the best addon.)
  12. Tab Scope
  13. Taboo(I die again. I love this one. I use it every single day on my U3 flashdrive.)
  14. Tree Style Tabs (will dearly miss. The only thing that could really make it better was if you could make it appear and disappear with a click of the mouse, like Aios, cause the auto hide function does get a bit annoying.)
  15. Zotero (this is an excellent function for those who carry their Firefox on a USB/U3 disk drive, absolutely LOVE it, the only thing is that they could make it a little more comprehensive, for things like copying an article off of a website, it doesn't find all of the authors and stuff.)

And I realize that this is only miniscule to what normally is added on to people's Firefox, but Those are the ones I find crucial.
Also, as you may or may not have noticed, I am somewhat a fan of google. Advice: get a google account. use your google account. really really really like your google account.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who you are.
What you are.
What you want to say.

A nice signature.
The entire book of Deuteronomy in triplicate.

wearyroad's shared items