Pages

Thursday, May 01, 2014

You Forgot About Me

I miss you so much, my stomach in knots, I gave you my heart and everything that I've got...
You told me 3 words that I cannot forget no matter what dreams want to fill up my head
You made me alone. You made me give up. You made me give in to a lost kind of love.
You gave me my heart back, battered and torn... you gave me my heart and you tore out my world.

There was a fire growing there.
There was a flower in your hair.
There was a glow that I thought was from me...
I loved you, I love you, I'll love you...
but you forgot me.

The letters were read, five times a week, they were crumpled and torn but meant so much to me.
Thoughts of your lips, your smile and laugh brought me back from despair, I put it into my past.
I was naive, young and blind. It was just a few notes and a few lucky times.
I wanted to show you the world through my eyes...
but I, I, I 
I can no longer see.
I would walk back anyway, but you gave me defeat. 
you stripped back my walls and looked into my soul... 
It's not meant to be.
It's just you and me.
It's only a fling,
and I'm letting you go.

This was supposed to be
A love song about you and me
And now I can plainly see
That it's over, and it's not you, it's
This was supposed to be
A long romantic history
And it's out for the world to see
that it's not you,and it's
This 
me. 

There was a fire growing there.
There was a flower in your hair.
There was a glow in your eyes, in your body and mind
You said I love you 
I said I love you 
We said we loved each other, but now it's plain to see...
That you forgot about me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who you are.
What you are.
What you want to say.

A nice signature.
The entire book of Deuteronomy in triplicate.

wearyroad's shared items